Re: [Muine] NEW PRELEASE: 0.8.1pre1

�el kenal p�al (p�v, 23. jaanuar 2005, 18:15+0000), kirjutas
Peter Oliver:

> > Let me start by summarizing.. looking at the tools in my Linux distribution I
> > see nowhere that I can specify the "total number of tracks"-tag. More
> > specifically, I often use Grip to automate the ripping and encoding process,
> > however, the program is not capable of writing this tag. Also the
> > command-line tool oggenc does not have an option for specifying this tag.
>
> Tracktotal is not even a standard Vorbis tag.  Searching the web for
> "vorbis tracktotal" yields so few hits that I suspect it's far from
> widely used.

It seems to be a new semi-standard implemented by many new taggers. The
metadata code also looks for the total in the vorbis track number tag,
which is the way many older oggs are tagged. (N/TOTAL)

> > Seen with the eyes of a typical user I propose another solution: What about
> > keeping old practice and instead make it possible for the user in the UI to
> > easily remove incomplete albums from the album list? Or is there some
> > extraordinary reason for not including this functionality?
>
> Who's going to go to the trouble of using such functionality if it was
> provided?  This needs to just work.
>
> I suppose there could be a "Show incomplete albums" checkbox on the Play
> Album window.  This would allow for aggressive filtering of incomplete
> albums whilst still allowing people to get at all of their collection.
> However, I think it'd be better to just have laxer filtering.

Laxer filtering all the way. Your patch rocks, see my other mail for
that. :)