Re: [Muine] NEW PRELEASE: 0.8.1pre1

�el kenal p�al (p�v, 23. jaanuar 2005, 17:05+0100), kirjutas
Christian E. Kaas:

> Let me start by summarizing.. looking at the tools in my Linux
> distribution I see nowhere that I can specify the "total number of
> tracks"-tag. More specifically, I often use Grip to automate the ripping
> and encoding process, however, the program is not capable of writing
> this tag. Also the command-line tool oggenc does not have an option for
> specifying this tag.
>
> Now, if this is common practice for most Linux users (and I bet it is)
> would it then be wise to enforce such a policy: "Use the easytag tool on
> your music collection or go play with GConf keys to make Muine work for
> you!" ??

Most distributions, or the major ones anyway (Ubuntu and Fedora/RedHat
tested), come with sound-juicer instead of grip these days. Sound-juicer
tags files with total tracks metadata. So it'll work out of the box
there.

> Seen with the eyes of a typical user I propose another solution: What
> about keeping old practice and instead make it possible for the user in
> the UI to easily remove incomplete albums from the album list? Or is
> there some extraordinary reason for not including this functionality?

That's UI bloat- problems need to be tackled at their root instead of
introducing UI to work around them.

Cheers,