Re: [Muine] NEW PRELEASE: 0.8.1pre1

Slippery slope arguments are no good. Besides, Muine is a shining
example of good, minimalist UI design, and Jorn shows no signs towards
changing this trend, so your really making a moot point.
That Muine is a shining example of good minimalistic UI design I can certainly agree on. Applause for Jorn and the project team for this.

However, you cannot put aside my argument that the UI becomes less consistent/uniform with the use of "priority texts". Seen in the light of minimalism this is a diversity, a step in the other direction, and that is what my last posting was about.. though with a stupid comparison.

Now, to end this.. I think to a high degree it depends on habits as opposed to theoretic use cases. The bigger play button will probably only be noted by people upgrading from an older version of Muine and only for a limited time. Therefore no reason for starting a fight over this change.

Also, after spending a few hours more with the new bigger play button I think I will have to admit that it is in fact to the advantage of laptop users using a touch pad (including me). The button is not that bad after all : )