Re: [Muine] [Patch] Better album defining

Doh, replying to myself here:

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 18:03 +0100, iain wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 18:28 +0200, Viet Yen Nguyen wrote:
>
> > When it comes down to the patch, my only objection is the removal of the
> > punctuation, as this could lead to severe mistakes. The idea of a
> > canonical form of lowercase chars is to my opinion a nice idea.
>
> Give me a case where the punctuation fails? I'd also advocate removing
> punctuation in comparing artist names, so that albums aren't listed as
> containing songs by both "N.E.R.D." and "nerd", but unfortunately that
> would break with "!!!" (damn them)
>
> However I think there are already heuristics which have the potential to
> fail in languages other than english (German songs which start as "Die"
> vs English songs which begin with Die: will the german translation list
> "Another Day, Die"?)

That all said, I'm not adverse to removing the punctuation ignoring
part, but I just don't think it can cause any problems at all. I'm sure
the RIAA or whoever would solve any problems if two people with the same
name tried to release albums with the same title, except one title had
different punctuation.

iain