Re: future of Hildon

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:44:38 +0200
>>>>>> "Quim" == Quim Gil >>>>>> wrote:

Quim> In my opinion the future of Hildon is closely related to the
Quim> future of GTK+ and GNOME Mobile, but that is actually not the
Quim> real point of your question.

I'm not afraid about the future of GTK+, but believe that Hildon has
no future on Maemo.

Quim> - Are you targeting a pocketable form factor or something more
Quim> MID-Netbook?

I'm more targetting MID devices, but the border between them &
smart-phones is becoming blurry.

[snip some really good questions]

Quim> - When are you planning to have a first real and stable release?

Considering the answer to this last question, I'm sure Moblin will
have all these stuff ready at that time.

Quim> Get a crispy answer to these questions and most probably you will
Quim> get a crispy answer about the right libraries and platform to
Quim> base your development. Running / porting your stuff to "the other
Quim> platform" will probably be one of your most trivial problems.

Well, my (original) question was the future of GTK-based Hildon
'because the libs used in desktop app are GTK+ (gtk2hs is much more
mature than qthaskell), and that's why I was/am thinking which
platform provides brighter future on smart-phones/MID based on GTK
libs.

Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6