Re: GNOME Mobile release notes

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 15:38 +0200, Esben Stien wrote:
> Well, I want my gnome panel. If the gnome panel can't display icons
> instead of text, then that is just simply a bug that needs to be
> fixed. If this is too hard, then the whole gnome panel is so badly
> written that it should be abandoned for all platforms. I don't believe
> that gnoeme-panel is that badly engineered, so this is simply a
> feature that we need.

This is nothing to do with the panel, and all about a single applet.  If
you want the window list applet to show just icons then either file a
bug, or write a patch.

But the point made by Dave, Jim and myself still stands -- the standard
GNOME desktop is *not* suitable for a handheld device on so many levels.

Ross
--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/