Re: Bugzilla instead of RT (was: Membership for Alexander Gabriel - status?)

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Bruno
Boaventura<brunoboaventura gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 7:16 AM, sankarshan<foss mailinglists gmail com> wrote:
The flow of tasks for the Membership and Elections Committee lend
itself well to Request Tracker. Each membership related query is a
request and, can be transacted over e-mail along with the chance of
metrics being generated (if at all required). BZ lends itself well to
defect/enhancement tracking. There are some other tools like
IssueTracker etc which do the same but RT3 has been a consistently
widely used tool.

Thinking on it again, I see that BZ can't keep some data private (the
conversation between the MC members, and the reply of the contacts),
and it's not good.

Bugzilla does have the ability to have comments as "private"

Everyone seeing why we reject someone's membership is a bad thing.

Last time I checked, the approved ones went to the mailing list which
was archived in public. As did the requests. I do not know about the
rejections though. :)

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>