Bugzilla instead of RT (was: Membership for Alexander Gabriel - status?)

Hey,

Bruno Boaventura wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Federico Mena
Quintero<federico novell com> wrote:
(Hmmm, does anyone know why we use RT3 rather than Bugzilla?)

Hey, Federico! I really don't know why, but I always thought about it.
I thought about it too and my first thought was, that it shouldn't be a problem and make sense to use Bugzilla, because the less infrastructure we have, the better. It might also save us some time, because we had to deal with less SPAM.

But: One simple fact is that we send and receive emails a lot. Especially renewal is done often and via email. Bugzilla is simply not good in receiving and sending emails back and forth. It's not even good at handling and tracking messages. Sure, one could think about not sending email so much and CCing people on a bug, when information about a new applicant is needed. But you just don't know and can't change the settings, that somebody might just have set the "receive emails if I'm CCed on a bug" flag to False.

After I thought about it for a bit longer, I had enough reasons for not considering Bugzilla as a good alternative; sorry for just providing 1.5 reasons here, I can't remember those atm. But I think they are good enough already.

Cheers,
  Tobi