Re: RFC for the migration of the membership management
- From: Sankarshan Mukhopadhay <sankarshan randomink org>
- To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME Membership Committee <membership-committee gnome org>, board gnome org
- Subject: Re: RFC for the migration of the membership management
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:06:49 +0530
Vincent Untz wrote:
I agree it'd be better :-) I'll try to import all the members, then.
Feel for you :) Dinner on me whenever you are in Mumbai.
Hrm. I was too vague: we'll probably end up with a request tracker
similar to what the sysadmins are using to track account requests and a
membership manager. The request tracker will be used to track the
applications and will contain the contributions and contacts. So the
information will still be there. But I don't think we need to put it in
the membership manager too.
I was planning to put this across as a suggestion, but then again did
not. An RT would be a good idea in this case and the membership manager
may not contain the contact information.
The membership manager will only be used to manage people who are/were
members. I don't believe it's useful to include there an applicant whose
application was rejected.
/me agrees. +1
From Untruth, lead me to the Truth,
From Darkness, Lead me towards the Light,
From Death, Lead me to Life Eternal.
] [Thread Prev