Re: RFC for the migration of the membership management

Le mercredi 17 aoÃt 2005 Ã 21:16 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhay a Ãcrit :
Vincent Untz wrote:
Right now, I'm wondering if we should migrate all our data (i.e. even
migrate the previous members who did not renew their membership) or just
the current data. As I'm getting lazy, I'd be for the easy way and
ignore all the old data.

Ideally we should be looking towards migrating *all data*. Serves as a
base reference point rather than take the hassle of maitaining 2
separate information silos.

I agree it'd be better :-) I'll try to import all the members, then.

Also, I don't think we need to keep the contributions and contacts in
the database since, I suppose, they're only need to process the
applications.

Might be a good idea given the recent thread on membership-committee on
L10n work. For contacts, perhaps keeping a single contact would be good.
Serves as a point of reference.

Hrm. I was too vague: we'll probably end up with a request tracker
similar to what the sysadmins are using to track account requests and a
membership manager. The request tracker will be used to track the
applications and will contain the contributions and contacts. So the
information will still be there. But I don't think we need to put it in
the membership manager too.

The membership manager will only be used to manage people who are/were
members. I don't believe it's useful to include there an applicant whose
application was rejected.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressÃs.