Re: Renewals of the memberships

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

Note that the real work for us is to remind ourselves to send the renewal
mails, except if we send a one-time bunch of mails for every member who
needs to renew in September and in October (instead of doing this weekly,
for example). And I'm not sure it will be easy to not forget someone if we
do this manually.

A number of volunteer organisations I've been involved with have switched to
year-to-year memberships independent of when the member joined. SLUG, for
instance, has renewals for the entire membership in March - which coincides
with the AGM. Perhaps we should do the same thing at the end of September
every year. This would also significantly reduce the committee's workload.

- Jeff

   "Debian is not as minor as many business end people think." - Alan Cox