Re: meld/pygtk on solaris

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Gareth <redgreenandpotatoe yahoo co uk> wrote:
> Hi i used pkg-get to install the default binary packages of  python and pygtk. I
> don't know if you have used aptget or yum but its basically very similar.
>
> I am surprised that they would create incompatible related packages in the
> repository but anyway I will try to install manually.
>
> Thanks for your help

I use apt-get all the time (I run Ubuntu). If you indeed installed
both packages from pkg-get, (and they both indicate that they are for
python 2.5.x (or whatever version of python you have)) then I would
assume that they'd work together.  You'd have to look at the specifics
of those packages and possibly contact the people who build the binary
distributions.

It's common for free UNIX variants to have one or two versions of
Python installed, that's what made be think that you had PyGTK
installed for a different version.  Also, I would assume that
installing PyGTK would only work if Python is installed.  Perhaps
something just broke and you should re-install PyGTK?  Or perhaps a
simple post-install script was not run for some reason?

Good luck.  If you do figure it out, post a follow up so that others
in the group may benefit from it in the future.

- Kev