Re: meld/pygtk on solaris

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Soul Boy <redgreenandpotatoe yahoo co uk> wrote:
> Hi thanks for the reply.
>
> You are right I do have 2 versions of python.
>
> I changed the bang link and now I get

Just so you know, I fat-fingered the message: it's really called a
'bang line' (not link)

> bash-3.00$ meld
> /opt/csw/bin/meld: line 25: syntax error near unexpected token `"--pychecker"'
> /opt/csw/bin/meld: line 25: `    sys.argv.remove("--pychecker")'

So, what did you change the bang line to?  It should be

#!/opt/csw/bin/python

To correspond to the path below.

> I am running this version of python:
>
> bash-3.00$ /opt/csw/bin/python
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Nov  3 2007, 02:54:36) [C] on sunos5
>>>

> Any ideas ?

Just the above.  The path to whatever is on the 'bang line' (i.e.
after #!) gets run and feed the text of the file as input.  The usual
(Python) convention is to use "#!/usr/bin/env python" which runs
/usr/bin/env with an argument of 'python'.  /usr/bin/env looks for
python on the path and runs it.

This allows you to specify an interpreter script (that's on the path)
without know exactly where it is on the path.  Many other scripts are
invoked with an explicit path.  Both are right, it's just a matter of
style and preference.

So, again, what, exactly, did you change that line to?  If you type in
the portion (after the #!) it should run the python you're interested
in.  If not, something is wrong.

Also, how are you invoking meld?