Re: meld/pygtk on solaris

> You may have several versions of Python installed.  In which case,
> PyGTK may not be installed for the one you are running.  Look to see
> which version of Python your running and which ones are installed on
> your machine.  You may just need to change the bang link in meld to
> point to the version of python that actually has PyGTK installed
> (/usr/bin/python2.4 or /usr/bin/python2.5 for example).
>
> NOTE: if you DO have several versions installed DO NOT try to delete
> any unless you installed it.  Some system apps may depend on them.
>
> - Kevin

Hi thanks for the reply.

You are right I do have 2 versions of python.

I changed the bang link and now I get

bash-3.00$ meld
/opt/csw/bin/meld: line 25: syntax error near unexpected token `"--pychecker"'
/opt/csw/bin/meld: line 25: `    sys.argv.remove("--pychecker")'

I am running this version of python:

bash-3.00$ /opt/csw/bin/python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Nov  3 2007, 02:54:36) [C] on sunos5

Any ideas ?

Gareth