Re: meld/pygtk on solaris

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Gareth <redgreenandpotatoe yahoo co uk> wrote:
> Hi I tried manually installing and using the pre build solaris package and I get
> the following error
>
> bash-3.00$ meld
> No module named pygtk
> Meld requires pygtk2.6.0 or higher.
>
> However when I check the version pygtk installed I find its above 2.6.0
>
> bash-3.00$ pkg-get -u pygtk
> WARNING: gpg not found
> No worries... you already have version 2.12.1 of pygtk
> If you doubt this message, run 'pkg-get -U', then run
>  'pkg-get upgrade pygtk'
> bash-3.00$
>

> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks

You may have several versions of Python installed.  In which case,
PyGTK may not be installed for the one you are running.  Look to see
which version of Python your running and which ones are installed on
your machine.  You may just need to change the bang link in meld to
point to the version of python that actually has PyGTK installed
(/usr/bin/python2.4 or /usr/bin/python2.5 for example).

NOTE: if you DO have several versions installed DO NOT try to delete
any unless you installed it.  Some system apps may depend on them.

- Kevin