Re: mc Digest, Vol 102, Issue 3

I do all my coding in mcedit, I usually have about 8 windows with mc opened and copying between them is important to me. I usually use shift-mouse method.

When there was first release of MC where invisible characters ("Visible trailing spaces" and "Visible tabs") was present I turned them off due this mouse copy(-paste) problem.

Is it possible to detect shift-mousepress and switch them off automatically and after copying switch them on again? Or do it in the copy buffer to avoid redrawing of the screen on slow terminals?

I also turned off "Return does autoindent" also due (copy-)paste problem. Maybe it also could be detected that paste was done (shift-middlepress) and swith autoindent off for that moment...

Both these functions helps and I would use them, but if they breaks mouse copy-paste which is important to me, I have switched them off. I use mouse copy-paste about twice/hour, sometimes more.

Thanks
Martin