Re: [rant] mc in Ubuntu, unusable!

* Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com> wrote:

Hi folks,

<big_snip />

Debian seems to have a long history of patching-to-death a lot of
packages - but other distros are even worse (look @SuSE) ;-P

I wish some distro maintainers would work more closely to upstream.
Perhaps we should encourage them to have their own branches in
our git repo. Why not giving every distro an own branch prefix ?
(doesnt necessarily mean giving everybody write access to upstream
branches). IMHO that would make things a lot easier.

It's not debian-haters@ or ubuntu-support@ or whatever...

Official address for debian-haters is gentoo-dev lists gentoo org ;-)

It's a users list for mc and we mostly care about the stock
upstream versions and not distro-specific packages.

ACK. But it's IMHO not a bad thing to get some feedback for distro
specific things here. At least we should know what's happening
to mc in certain distros (doesn't mean we're responsible in
any ways).

cu
        http://patches.metux.de/