Re: mc-4.6.1-20060912.patch

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

I understand that. At the moment I see that you are apparently having MC interpret escape sequences (since I do not see a mechanism for it reading the KEY_MOUSE data that ncurses would send if mousemask() were called).
That is not happening on my machine, but it is a starting point.

void init_mouse (void)
{
   switch (use_mouse_p) {
#ifdef HAVE_LIBGPM
   case MOUSE_NONE:
       use_mouse_p = MOUSE_GPM;
       break;
#endif /* HAVE_LIBGPM */
   case MOUSE_XTERM_NORMAL_TRACKING:
   case MOUSE_XTERM_BUTTON_EVENT_TRACKING:
       define_sequence (MCKEY_MOUSE, xmouse_seq, MCKEY_NOACTION);
       break;
   default:
       break;
   }
   enable_mouse ();
}

To clarify:

The define_sequence() call above arranges MCKEY_MOUSE to be returned from get_key_code() when the escape sequence "xmose_seq" is encountered in the input stream.

yes, I understood that by context. For whatever reason, it didn't make the parser see a mouse event. When I made my patch, I didn't notice this part first - I noticed the code for KEY_MOUSE and focused on making that work, rather than seeing this and making the escape sequence work...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net