Re: mc-4.6.1-20060912.patch

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

A fix for mc - attached.
This patch makes MC use the mouse when built with ncurses.

It already does. Would you elaborate why this is necessary ?

Perhaps it does in the CVS version (where can I see that?)

I was patching the 4.6.1 version, which does not.

If I am guessing right your patch is against the MC tarball from
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/.
That tarball should be based on the CVS state from yesterday - so
it is pretty much the same as the CVS version. I am building
MC with ncurses support for quite a while and I haven't seen
problems with the mouse support.

Would you, please, exlpain the problem that you're seeing and the
reasons behind your patch. Does it have something to do with
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=369976 ?