Re: mc-4.6.1-20060912.patch

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

I do build and test MC not only on linux but also on Solaris and Cygwin and not so often on some other systems too. None of them use gpm.

I'm curious how you are using the mouse on Solaris then...

A quick check of the snapshot using my configuration shows the same bugs that I noticed in the release:

        a) cursor keys are not handled properly using the slang
           configuration when running in screen.  (But see below).

        b) there is no support for mouse using ncurses in xterm (or any
           other terminal supported by ncurses, of course).

Ok I cannot test right now since it is really late but I'll do tommorow. In the meantime, please, post the exact configuration that you're using so that I can try with your seettings.

configure --prefix=/tmp/FOO --without-gpm-mouse --with-screen=ncurses

I've configured as you suggested above. The system is FC5 with some missing updates and MC comes from the latest snapshot tarball. I've
stopped gpm so that it won't interfere.

[ptsekov localhost mc-2006-09-12-21]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 #1 Tue Aug 8 15:30:55 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[ptsekov localhost ~]$ ~/mc-thomas/bin/mc -V
GNU Midnight Commander 2006-09-12-21
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using the ncurses library
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
Data types: char 8 int 32 long 32 void * 32 off_t 64 ecs_char 8

[ptsekov localhost ~]$ rpm -q xterm
xterm-213-1.FC5

[ptsekov localhost ~]$ rpm -q ncurses
ncurses-5.5-19

TERM=xterm
XTERM_VERSION='X.Org 6.8.99.903(213)'
COLORTERM is not set.

Mouse support does work - both buttons and the mouse wheel.