Re: how to print a file with mcedit

Jose,

Anyway I don't see coherence in what you said Steef.
Actually, I never said I like such functionality in mcedit, more
precisely I hate it.  So don't question *my* coherence.
If you want to send email using mcedit, the correct way to do it, is to
asign mcedit as your standard editor in your mail program.
I really detest the extra -unnecessary- functions in mcedit.
The last thing we want is mcedit to become like emacs.

If mcedit is a program for editing files may you explain me why it has a
command to sending mail (see Command-->Mail) ?
Yes, because people like you, that is people that like to put garbage
functions in mcedit put it in there. And it certainly wasn't me!

For instance, take the mail function as an example. The way it works now
only allows to parse the file through a commandline like: "mail -s
Now what if you want to send a blind carbon copy, bcc instead of cc?
What if you want to cc more than 1 person?
Exactly, you have to turn to the commandline/another program!
The same would be the case for a printing command.

Remember: any half-supported function is an UNSUPPORTED FUNCTION.
(Pavel, are you listening?)

I think this feature is more unusual than a print function in an editor. ;)
I agree. The mail function should be deleted and the print function
should never be added.

Mailing and printing functions should all go into the user menu, where
the user can adjust the functionality as an OPTION to mcedit rather than
having mc having to support it as a CORE-FUNCTION.

Steef