Re: [repo rover dkm cz: [repo.or.cz] midnight-commander clone completed]

* Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> schrieb:

Hi,

> >I really don't see the problem.
>
> The problem is that the mirror already existed on that site.  Now we
> have two mirrors.  It's confusing to the users.  Some may be tracking
> my mirror now.  Instead of giving you control over the existing
> mirror, I'll need to ask the site administration to remove my mirror.
> The users will have to switch to your repository.

Why do you have to close your mirror ? I dont see any reason.

Thousands of OSS projects get mirrored all around the world, even
without explicit knowledge of the devs, and - as far as I know -
nobody feels pissed about that. What's the problem ?

> I believe it's important that the project developers act as a team
> and coordinate their actions.

What is there to coordinate on just some dumb unofficial mirror ?

> I realize I'm not a team member anymore, but I've been maintaining
> the mirror for along time.

Wait, you really feel kicked-away, just because your mirror isn't
the only one anyomore ? Quite strange, IMHO.

> I spent quite a lot of time mapping CVS authors to the real names,
> and that mapping is used in your repository.

Right, and you did a great job. You volunteered to do an dirty,
but important job, nobody else was willing to do. And I don't
think anyone here won't appreciate that.

So you *are* a valueable member of the team, and I don't see how
some additional, uninteresting git mirror can change that fact.

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/