Re: [repo rover dkm cz: [repo.or.cz] midnight-commander clone completed]

Quoting Enrico Weigelt <weigelt metux de>:

JFYI:

just created a git mirror ...
	http://repo.or.cz/m/editproj.cgi?name=midnight-commander

What's the point? I could have given you full access to the "mc" repository on the same site. After all, it's just a mirror. You could have rewritten the whole repository. Now we have two competing mirrors for the same project. I'm not going to keep it this way. I'll ask the admins to get "mc" offline.

I can tell from my experience that failure to cooperate is destructive for any project. Creating a mirror without asking others is an example of such failure. Sure, you saved a day or two by not asking me and not waiting for my reply. But by not asking, you made a little step towards excluding others from the development. If people see that their opinion doesn't matter, they stop participating. This leads to a one-person project, which stops when that person gets tired.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin