Re: Fallback / Classic Mode

Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> Hello Allan,
>
> I'm actually quite worried about this use case and the impact that 3.0
> can have on them. Yes, corporate desktop is not the primary target for
> GNOME 3.0, but it is our largest install base by a long shot (schools,
> corporations, public entities, universities...). I think there's some
> thinking to do in terms of messaging in this specific topic to not
> scare these users away.

Do you have any suggestions for our marketing materials in this respect?
It would be great if you could look over the materials that are
currently in production. I'll send you them.

> Note that if sysadmins feel that we are going to give up on them, they
> may start looking into alternatives. We need to be clear that we want
> them to stick to 2.x/classic for now and that we are going to think
> about them in future releases.

Sysadmins in general, or sysadmins in the contexts that Brian wrote
about? I'm unaware of plans to tackle either of these...

Allan
--
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org