Re: GNOME 3.0 parties - photo gallery and Photo competition ?

2011/3/18 Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>
On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 12:31 +0800, Emily Chen wrote:

> 2011/3/12 Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net>
>         On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Emily Chen
>         <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
>         > For Best Photo Competition, in my mind, it is easy to do if
>         we choose one
>         > photo tools, like picasa or flickr.
>         >
>         > For example, let's say we will have a photo set called
>         "GNOME 3.0 Launch
>         > Party" , everyone can view and vote on each photos.
>         >
>         > Is there better tools for Best Photo Competition? Anyone can
>         suggest ?
>

>         I have to agree regarding Flickr 'group' as a tool to do photo
>         contest. We used it several time for "Photographic background
>         contest"
>         when I was working at Mdv.
>         I also have a small C program to download all photo from a
>         set, which
>         can help to do selection locally.
>
> Thanks for offering. People will be interested to use your tool to
> download all photos locally.
>
> For the best photo, I am thinking the best way should be on-line.  The
> most visited photo ? Do we officially create a set for Best photo, can
> we share the account to upload photos ?

I've started a page with rules for the competition. Please check it over
and let me know what you think. :)

http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/LaunchParty/PhotoCompetition

Hi Allan,

That's great.

I edit the wiki to add a table, for people to update their photo links on wiki. They also need to send us by email as well.

After we finalized the draft, can we announce it on www.gnome.org or www.gnome3.org sometime?

-Emily

Best,

Allan