Re: Fallback / Classic Mode

Hello Allan,

I'm actually quite worried about this use case and the impact that 3.0
can have on them. Yes, corporate desktop is not the primary target for
GNOME 3.0, but it is our largest install base by a long shot (schools,
corporations, public entities, universities...). I think there's some
thinking to do in terms of messaging in this specific topic to not
scare these users away.

Note that if sysadmins feel that we are going to give up on them, they
may start looking into alternatives. We need to be clear that we want
them to stick to 2.x/classic for now and that we are going to think
about them in future releases.

My 2 cents,
Alberto

--