Re: getting www.gnome3.org

Well if Ubuntu has put GNOME 3 out of scope for 11.04, that's not really something that the GNOME community can overcome with a trivial amount of effort. The message to our users on Ubuntu is basically nothing since they can't get it and won't feel any of the repercussions of transition until at least 11.10. The entire motivation behind the "current users" target was to help people understand and be inspired about the UI change; thus, if they aren't changing UI now, they aren't the target audience. If they're inspired by GNOME 3 design goals, Fedora Rawhide and OpenSuSE packages are mostly working today and will be even more so as both of those enter their beta periods.