Re: getting www.gnome3.org

Hi,

Dave Neary wrote:
> I used [1] on Ubuntu 10.10 and it seems to work fine.
>
>> [1] https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archive/testing
>> [2] https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3/+packages
>
> I'm currently upgrading to 11.04 to get the latest greatest.

<snip>

> So I will be removing ricotz and switching o the gnome3 team when I'm done.

So what is delivered by the gnome3 team PPA is mostly unusable right now
- I'm still waiting for good 2.91.4 builds to come through from Debian -
 and the ricotz PPA is a weird no-mans-land, with just the shell, and
with Unity & Compiz using global Mac-style menus, when you switch to
gnome-shell you don't have any menus any more.

I'd really like to figure out how to get a proper GNOME 3 experience
without switching distros, but if I have to, I will (but then, we'll be
sending a hell of a message to the users of the most popular Linux
distro out there).

Cheers,
Dave.

--