Re: getting www.gnome3.org

Hi,

Allan Day wrote:
> Which PPA is that? This one [1], or this one [2]? Did you test it
> yourself? It would be great to hear from anyone who does have experience
> of using either of these PPAs...

I was going to try [2] until I noticed that (a) it's only available for
11.04 and (b) gnome-shell wasn't even built for it, because of a failing
dependency. I used [1] on Ubuntu 10.10 and it seems to work fine.

> [1] https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archive/testing
> [2] https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3/+packages

I'm currently upgrading to 11.04 to get the latest greatest. Robert
Ancell tells me that:
> Unfortunately there is no source for GNOME Shell in Ubuntu 10.10, you
> need to use 11.04 (we decided not to maintain packages for both 10.10
> and 11.04 due to the number of changes required).  The GNOME3 PPA is a
> work in progress as you can see, but it should contain GNOME Shell
> when we can get all the dependencies working (hopefully sooner rather
> than later as Debian Experimental has GNOME Shell working now).

So I will be removing ricotz and switching o the gnome3 team when I'm done.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary