about gnome3 dev marketing

Hi!

I think is a good idea to improve the GNOME marketing for developers.
Obviously, what developers really appreciate is documentation, and the
documentation team is working hard on this area. I think is especially
interesting the set of 10-minute-tutorials they are working on [1].

However, I think that form the marketing point of view, the situation
can be improved a lot.

This presentation from Alberto Ruiz in 2008' GUADEC has very good valid
points about GTK+ marketing [2], which is the best/only known GNOME
technology for outsiders. I think this is very important because GTK+ is
receiving bad comments from people. Our collegues are working hard
turning GTK+3 into a very good piece of software and we must push it.

I think we must also to improve awareness of other GNOME technologies,
but because we must start from something, I think that GTK+ is the most
straigh-forward way. The key point from the marketing point of view is
unify the brand and websites of certified GTK+ bindings.

Cheers,

   -- Juanjo Marin

 [1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-devel-docs/tree/demos/C
 [2]