Re: New Website layout

Murray Cumming schrieb:

> I just wanted an answer to the question. The new GnomeWeb/www.gnome.org
> page seemed useless and confused to me and you seem to be the intended
> target audience/user of it.
>
> I have already corrected other changes from Thilo on the GnomeWeb wiki
> page, while updating it slightly.

the whole idea of GnomeWeb/www.gnome.org was to have at least some
content on the wiki which reflects the ongoing discussions and efforts.
Instead of picking on my changes why havent you update any content
regarding Plone before? Right now I feel like to be blamed for what has
not been done for two years or like I was interrupting some things that
did go well, while in fact they did not. Actually I wonder if we even
would have this discussion.

On your post on Aug 27th you wrote "This week is pretty much its
last chance." So I also dont know how you count but I would say this is
one month and not one week ago.

The thing is that www.gnome.org is the only page available for working
on the actual content, while most other pages talk about the Plone site
and other websites. So if not creating thsi new page the only other
solutions would have been:

 * have no indication on what is discussed and being worked on
 * change existing content - so to talk about the actual pages on the
Plone wiki pages.

That was exactly what I did not want to do. Neither do I think that the
wiki should not contain updated work nor do I think we should add the
content to pages who talk about future CMSes.

I know you dont like me personally and never answer to personal mails I
write you - so I cant really talk to you, but I dont find your approach
very constructive.

The only resolution if I would respect your opinion would be to do
nothing - then we wait till Oct 6th - and when we would have we would
not have any work being done - and not only this, but we would not even
have any discussion here and on the wiki. Delaying can be a nice
strategy but for the WGO thing I think it just is not right any more.
The problem of WGO is not people wanting to do too much but rather too
few people having not enough time doing all.

I say the current status is unacceptable, for years. I am not saying we
should dump everything that has been done, discussed and worked on - I
just think all this stuff has become a burden and the main reason
nothing much new has happened. And: Doing something does not mean that
what is being done will destroy anything. I believe that moving forward
is the right thing to do - and it does not have to be perfect - as it is
not perfect for such a long time.

Regards,
Thilo