Re: New Website layout

Hi,

Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 13:38 +0159, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
>> Murray Cumming schrieb:
>>
>>> A restart of the www.gnome.org redesign/reimplementation effort might be
>>> appropriate soon, but it's premature to start that now. Therefore I'll
>>> be reverting or editing Thilo's recent live.gnome.org edits to make that
>>> clearer.
>>>

>> I think some things need to be done now.
>
> No, you can wait for a week.

It feels like I've picked up the phone in the middle of a conversation
here...

For those of us not on the web list, can we have some idea what's been
happening with the website infrastructure for the past couple of years,
please?

I always understood that we were adopting a two-pronged approach -
infrastructure and content - which would allow us to modify content on a
day to day basis without waiting for an infrastructure deployment, but
that the infrastructure deployment might require some substantial
redesign of content layout etc.

So - what's been happening, please, and what's Thilo been doing in
live.gnome.org that's got your wick up, Murray?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary