Re: Distro releases, responsibilities and Plone

Hi,

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> I have started to collect a list of distro releases here:
> http://live.gnome.org/UpcomingDistroReleases
> Some are already in the GNOME calendar of Dave.

Just want to point out that it's not *my* calendar, it's the GNOME
community calendar, there are 15 people who can add events to it (even
though it seems I'm the only one who does), and I heartily encourage
people to suggest events and dates that should be added there.

>> Would you like to propose appropriate content for gnome.org/start/2.24
>> which we could use & carry forward to future releases?
>
> I think its nice to give people what they need and to do this on a
> special page. I dont quite understand why the release notes are on
> library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.24/.

What's wrong with that?

>> I'll happily accept patches to the content on the front page or any
>> other page on wgo. Please suggest some.
>
> Should I mail those pages to you or rather attach them to bugs?

Not pages, please - diffs.

I'm more interested right now in content changes, but a layout change
for the front page (which should of course come through the marketing
list for comment & review) might be considered.

> I mailed you some personal thoughts about what I think. And for everyone
> else - as Murray has pointed out there is still some work being done in
> the background. Personally I dont think one should force those who do
> this to make a premature release. I am willing to contribute on many
> levels but think those who have more access and backing from the
> community should be responsible and leading. Actually I cant do much
> more than commenting and providing patches as a result of how GNOME is
> organized today.

This is a valuable contribution, and an important step to becoming one
of those who, as you describe it, have more access and backing from the
community.

Cheers,
Dave.

--