Re: Issuing a press release about GNOME 3
- From: "Luis Villa" <luis tieguy org>
- To: "Dave Neary" <bolsh gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME release team <release-team gnome org>, GNOME Marketing List <marketing-list gnome org>, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>
- Subject: Re: Issuing a press release about GNOME 3
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:22:31 -0700
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> wrote:
> So, Luis, I think you were being a little harsh - GNOME's been lethargic
> for so long, you're expecting to see us sprinting, when we're still at
> the stage of learning to walk again.
I'm expecting us to walk and *then* talk about walking, instead of
announcing a marathon while we're still toddling and have no idea
where the course is. I think this is part of what burns me- announcing
it when there was no buy-in and no plan was a terrible idea; doing a
press release about it would only cement that further.
] [Thread Prev