Re: Issuing a press release about GNOME 3

Le samedi 12 juillet 2008, à 22:28 +0200, Dave Neary a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've already started to see a lot of bullshit about the GNOME 3.0
> announcement and I think it would be useful for a GNOME release team
> press release announcing our plans for the 3.0 release (date, goals,
> over-riding plan) to explain that this is an incremental approach
> similar to Ubuntu's (2 - 3 year major arcs, with regular 6 month
> releases) and, above all, that this represents an evolution of existing
> GNOME, and not a massive re-write or re-design of the desktop.
>
> Thoughts?

Yeah, we discussed this with Stormy. Definitely something to do.
Also, I think we can start some document for the community, and some
FAQ. Maybe also some slides that people can re-use to explain things.

I won't have a lot of time next week, but I'll do my best to at least
help clear the mystery for people who didn't attend GUADEC -- I'll have
more time the week after.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.