Re: GNOME Project Organogram

On 14 Feb 2007, at 16:02, Joachim wrote:

On 2/13/07, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 11:59 +0000, Joachim wrote:

> But for this to happen, we need the HIG to be updated, and for that to
> happen I think we need library.g.o up and running.
<snip>
Anyway, I really do intend to start working on the HIG again when I have
time, but that's just something I never seem to have much of these
days :/

Sorry Calum, I didn't mean to put you on the spot!

You've mentioned several times that you have a fair bit of work done
on your working copy of the HIG but that it's all in rough form --
could you maybe commit that to SVN so others can help?

All the latest changes that physically exist are already in SVN, in the 'hig' module, and are viewable at http://developer.gnome.org/ projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/. (Or possibly web-devel-2/content/ projects/gup/hig, if the hig alias doesn't work since the CVS->SVN migration.)

What I haven't done any actual work on is the grand refactoring of the HIG that I've often thought about and mentioned, but we should probably get at least one more tidied up release of the current- format HIG released before going down that route anyway.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team