Re: GNOME Project Organogram

2007/2/12, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org>:
Some examples of things that should be
indispensable, but are not:
* usability designers (not post-implementation usability testers)
should be indispensable to every screen of UI we write
* accessibility hackers should be indispensable to every widget we write/deploy
* web people, marketers, and doc writers should be indispensable,
because we shouldn't be satisfied with just getting our message out to
those who already know about it/use it.
etc., etc. (Please don't feel slighted if I left your team out, this
is just to prove the point.)

But my point is that these are not currently indispensable/central. If
all those teams went away tomorrow, most coders would keep coding, and
the releases would keep releasing (mostly).

Hum... I don't know...  at least, It's  so difficult to state this,
because GNOME Project organization is a system too. So, we can't
forget that  all the teams are "linked" and every team in this system
has some kind of influence - in a straight way or not-  in the current
state of the project.

We should seek to fix the organization and make all those things
central, not to have Vicente fix the diagram.

Exactly! Like I had said before, I did the organogram from a
organizational research. So it's only one perspective of the current
organizational state of the project. It's not "the truth" and It's not
the organogram of "the project of our dreams". ;-)

But I hope that it can contribute to strengthen the Project. After
all, we can't improve our organization if we don't get to know our
reality.

Cheers,

Vicente Aguiar :-)