Re: GNOME Project Organogram

On 2/12/07, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:
On 2/12/07, Quim Gil <quimgil gmail com> wrote:
> Mmm but wait, at least my GNOME experience as contributor is not
> dependant to the code in the repositories and the release team, as the
> diagram shows.
>
> At least board, marketing team, web team and GUADEC (or GNOME events
> in general) will also run and keep running no matter which decisions
> relating to code are made. They are not waiting the release team
> agenda to define their actions.

They can make decisions, but their actions have no meaning without
code and coders. Without coders and decisions made by coders, there is
nothing to market; no point to having a conference; nothing to have a
website about; etc.

I should note again that I think this indicates a *flaw* in the
project. This should be *inter*dependency, not *dependency* as it
currently is. But perhaps a good problem statement for the board, for
the marketing team, for the web team, etc., is 'how do we make
ourselves as indispensable as the coders are?'

Luis