Re: Epiphany Homepage

Maybe an Epiphany specific what's new page might be more appropriate.
Although the start release page sounds good too.

Point is that if a user switches from a distro's default (say
Firefox), he'd want to see what this new browser his friend proposed,
has to offer.

Thats why I suggest something in the form of:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/whatsnew/ or something, with
all the latest epiphany bling bling.

On 9/9/06, Luca Cavalli <luca cavalli gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 17:33 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> > Another option could be to create a
> > Gnome start page just
> > for the purpose of using it as home page in
> > Epiphany.
>
> Hmmm... maybe.
> But don't most distros overwrite that anyway? Ubuntu
> certainly provides a home page (not sure if it puts it
> into Epi as well as Firefox, but logically it should).
>
> I don't think it's worth the effort of something else
> to maintain on our site.

Well, just because Ubuntu, or any other distro, override GNOME defaults,
it is not a good reason to not have them. This was the same for splash
screen (I can remember a discussion about that a couple of releases
ago). Not all distros overwrite GNOME defaults and not all users install
precompiled packages. GNOME should take care also of these users.
Ciao,

Luca