Re: Epiphany Homepage

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 17:33 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> > Another option could be to create a
> > Gnome start page just
> > for the purpose of using it as home page in
> > Epiphany.
>
> Hmmm... maybe.
> But don't most distros overwrite that anyway? Ubuntu
> certainly provides a home page (not sure if it puts it
> into Epi as well as Firefox, but logically it should).
>
> I don't think it's worth the effort of something else
> to maintain on our site.

Well, just because Ubuntu, or any other distro, override GNOME defaults,
it is not a good reason to not have them. This was the same for splash
screen (I can remember a discussion about that a couple of releases
ago). Not all distros overwrite GNOME defaults and not all users install
precompiled packages. GNOME should take care also of these users.
Ciao,

Luca