Re: Epiphany Homepage

There is also financial part of that, as Google gives some amount of money
for every query done from Firefox start page (having said that if you want
to support Firefox do some search through start page).

I'd rather GNOME not to have such connections with companies product-wise.
For firefox, Google is directly related with their working area, and
having such a mutual connection put lots of power into Mozilla's hand. I
doubt that that is valid for GNOME.

So either having a search engine based start page, or directly pointing to
their page is not a good option. Maybe epiphany include a basic what's new
page with every release an point that location locally. That's what Fedora
does with default home pages.