Re: Create your own customised GNOME liveCD

Am Montag, den 25.07.2005, 16:58 +0200 schrieb Marcus Bauer:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 15:33 +0200, Andreas Mueller wrote:
>
> > I am surprised that there is ZERO communication.

[...]
I thought it should be possible, to cooperate in a way, i'll CC:
chrisime as the reasonable person.

> > We're ( Gnome e.V. and
> > some other distro's working ATM on a 2.11.5 ) I posted the master
> > roadmap to the gnome-ev maillinglist.
>
> I couldn't find any gnome-ev mailing list and neither did google help
> me :(  Do you have a URL pointing to it?

gnome-de gnome org
gnome-de-members gnome org

> As stated on the german gnome website
> ( http://www.gnome-ev.de/index.php/GNOME_LiveCD ):

http://gnome-ev.de/index.php/GNOME_LiveCD/Documentation
is the correct ( uptodate ) link

> "I would prefer this work/documentation to be done as part of the
> regular GNOME and Ubuntu LiveCD projects, unless there is some reason
> not to cooperate. MurrayCumming." And Murray had contacted me before
> LinuxTag but then decided to go for Ubuntu. Thus he definitly knows.
>
> > In short, it will be a WEB-GUI
> > where user can click _and_ customize his CD himself in a very very easy
> > way ...
>
> I think it is overkill to rewrite the cloop tools. Currently they do
> everything in RAM and thus you need for everybody using a web interface
> 700MB of free memory. Plus: on an AMD-XP2600 it takes 30 minutes to
> generate a new CD. I guess you have found the ultimate way to slashdot
> even the top500 super computers ;-)

*lame* if you do that in such a way, you'll /. every cluster :)

> Next problem you run into is the i18n. It works easy with the main
> languages but there are lots of caveats with less widespread languages.

we found out, there's enough space for the 10 common langs which
supports about 80% of all computer users. Optional a DVD with all
langs ....

Cheers,
amu