Re: Create your own customised GNOME liveCD

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:35:48 +0100
Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> wrote:

> Now I have a better understanding of what you mean.

Cool! :)

> If you also listed your suggestions for action on the LiveCD, I would
> have the full picture. As is, I can only conjecture that you would
> rather have several LiveCDs for each focus group, and each LiveCD
> would be branded accordingly.

I have no suggestions for the GNOME Live CD.

> Oops, my idea is that you cannot install from this GNOME LiveCD :)

Yes. I was talking about LiveCDs _in general_, and watched Ubuntu
closely while doing so. In hindsight, this was a great mistake.

Note: I see no need to make the GNOME Live CD installable.

> If you want to install GNOME, you get it from a distribution.

Absolutly my opinion.

> I would not want to be in the position of supporting end-users who
> have installed from the GNOME LiveCD.

No. I don't think anybody would like to do this.

> Isn't that the current status?

This is correct as far as I know.

> The "GNOME LiveCD" should have one purpose, to demonstrate to the end
> user what GNOME is, in their own language. And yes, each language has
> its own LiveCD :).

The example with the Chinese default language makes sense. And some
people will very likely demonstrate GNOME with the GNOME Live CD.

Cheers,
Claus