Re: Create your own customised GNOME liveCD

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 15:45 +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> Maybe I am wrong, my view is that we (GNOME Marketing) want to get a
> LiveCD ISO image out to the masses
> that support both English and other languages. We (GNOME Marketing) are
> flexible with how it is done, we would
> like it done in a comfortable way.

In fact I'm convinced now that the main GNOME liveCD should be in
russian. People will like to be greeted in russian and then try to find
their way through russian help pages to figure out what magic words will
let them switch to their preferred language. Special fun will be to
figure out where a slash is on a russian keyboard. They will like it :)

I'm repeating myself here and I will do it again: one liveCD for one
language. For the many people english is what russian is to most or all
the readers of this list. All computers start up with a us keyboard
layout. Adding a command line switch is a pain when being on another
keyboard.

Another advantage of one-language CDs is that this frees lots of space
for marketing material.

Marcus