Re: response to linus...?

> Which to my mind is completely different from calling beginners as idiots.

what kind of user is more likely to be confused by extra
functionality?  a begginer or an expert?

yes, a begginer.  and linus called those users idiots, ergo he called
begginers idiots.

> A better approach would be go through many of the common criticisms
> systematically and communicate which of these are design issues or bugs.

yes that is ANOTHER thing that should be done.  but you seem to be
100% focused in development issues, and 0% in communicational
issues... and this is the marketing list.

in marketing, you don't just need to do things right; you need to
communicate it effectively... i don't think we're doing things as
badly as linus says, and i'd like to communicate that.

that doesn't stop developers from fixing specific problems with gnome;
does it?  so why do we have to choose between one or the other?

> Linus is far from the only person having the same opinions so
> avoid targeting anyone in particular ...

but he received 100x more press coverage than all the previous ones,
which means he damaged our image 100x more.

if you think we shouldn't do anything about high profile people
trashing our image, one of us really has to check what marketing is
(hint: it's not me :) ).

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra