Re[4]: [libxml++] patch to allow building without glibmm

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:56:24 +0200 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

MC> Neither glibmm or libxml++ depend on GTK+.

 Yes, sorry I was wrong about this. Just Glib and libsigc++. But this is
still too much especially as I still don't understand the reason for it.
You wrote in another reply:

MC> The API matters. Glib::ustring is an API to UTF8 code, and the strings
MC> are always UTF8.

 But _how_ does it matter? If it does, my patch must be breaking something
but I spend a lot of time reading the code and I couldn't find any place
where it did matter.

MC> >  Ok, but then I'd have to change all the files containing #include <glibmm/
MC> > ustring.h>.
MC>
MC> Yes, but that's not much.
MC>
MC> > And if I do this, I'd rather add libxml++/xmlstring.h header
MC> > and define xmlpp::String typedef (as either Glib::ustring or std::string)
MC> > and use it everywhere.
MC>
MC> I'd prefer not to break the API even for this patched version.

 Ok, then I'll still add libxml++/xmlstring.h header but it will just
include <glibmm/ustring.h> but not define xmlpp::String.

 I'll post it to the bugzilla a.s.a.p., thanks in advance,
VZ