Re: Re: [libxml++] patch to allow building without glibmm
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "Vadim Zeitlin" <vadz users sf net>
- Cc: libxmlplusplus-general lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: Re: [libxml++] patch to allow building without glibmm
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:16:08 +0200 (CEST)
> MC> The API matters. Glib::ustring is an API to UTF8 code, and the strings
> MC> are always UTF8.
> But _how_ does it matter? If it does, my patch must be breaking something
> but I spend a lot of time reading the code and I couldn't find any place
> where it did matter.
It matters in the application if the document contains UTF-8 and you try
to do the_string.substr(2) or the_string or convert to upper or lower
case in your document, or sort the strings. I recommend that you read the
documentation for Glib::ustring.
I don't believe that anybody can guarantee that their system will never
need to support UTF-8.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev