Re: [jokosher-devel] Six weeks till the freeze

[click track]
As I understand it, the audiotestsrc is the way forward here; combined
with gnonlin it should be reasonably easy to have a repeating click
noise. Does anyone already know how to do this and want to speak up?
Failing that, someone (which can be me, but if someone else gets time
before I do then that would be great) can ask the #gstreamer chaps
(particularly bilboed) for suggestions on the best way to do this with
gst/gnl.

OK, I spoke to #gstreamer. The best way to do a click track with stock
gstreamer is to use the audiotestsrc with type=noise and use a
gst.Controller to adjust the volume (so you put the volume to 100% at
0.500 secs and back to 0% at 0.510 secs, making a click 0.01s long,
and repeat that every 0.5s for a 120bpm click track). However, I'm not
sure if that's the way you're meant to do it when you're using
gnonlin; in particular, it might be better to use GnlOperations to do
this. I've cc'ed bilboed for his thoughts.

sil

--
Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads