[jokosher-devel] Six weeks till the freeze

Hi folks,

Well, we are six weeks away from the freeze and we have lots to do. I
have a slight concern about if we are gonna get everything sorted -
Laszlo has been having Internet problems that have kept him away
recently and I am on holiday for two weeks so that cuts down my
hacking. We have the following core chunks to finish:

* Volume fades (Laszlo mailed me saying he was working on it but
needed to flesh out the UI - I will start a new thread on that)
* Extensions API - Aq and Laszlo poking at this - I think it would be
good to get the sample plug-ins fixed and finished and consider that
when they work, we have our first shot at the extensions API.
* Multi-channel element - Elleo says he has made some progress but
still has a few quirks with static on some channels. He is still
hacking on it. Fingers crossed Elleo will get it fixed for the 0.2
release, but we need to consider how we distribute it as it won't be
in an official gst-*-plugins release.
* Effects - I am finishing up some support in effects to get more
effects working.

Now, there are some other people who have hacked on Jokosher - nibil,
john_g and RealNitro, and if they fancy hacking on some other stuff, I
think the following really need fixing for 0.2:

* The playhead is often not accurate in what it is actually playing.
E.g. the playhead may be a few pixels away from a wave but it has
started playing it. Bug report -
http://jokosher.python-hosting.com/ticket/135

* Seek broken - john_g seems to be looking into this

* Latency when alsasrc uses device=default. Bug report -
http://jokosher.python-hosting.com/ticket/180 - Elleo, as our resident
ALSA king, do you want to look at this?

These seem to be the core issues. I know that mid-way through
development there is a bit of a lull, but I think we need to pull
together to get these things fixed. We haven't even looked at
documentation yet, and ideally we need these things implemented sooner
rather than later so the docs team can write some docs. Remember 0.2
will be the release where people actually make *real* recordings with
Jokosher, so lets make it rock!

Another reason to hack on this sooner rather than later is to discover
any other GStreamer bugs and get them fixed sooner so they can get
into releases quicker. Many of us want fixes in Edgy, and the Edgy
freeze is *very* soon, so it would be nice to get all fixes in Edgy.
:)

Lets make this one rock folks! :)

 Jono