Re: [jokosher-devel] Fwd: Volume fades UI

On 9/19/06, Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com> wrote:
I agree that this would make the gnloperations code much simpler but
the interface would be very quirky. For 0.2 we could just keep the gui
the way it is now, and make one gnloperation per instrument (because
events can't overlap) which would be just adding all the control
points of all the events together. And I understand that bilboed says
we should manually move the gnloperation on every event move anyway
because that is the cleanest way to implement it. Would that work?

I may be getting something confused.

I forgot that we can't currently select across events, but I don't
think it really matters does it? The idea was that there is a red line
running through the entire instrument lane, over all events and all
gaps. You can then click on this red line and it adds a control point.
The selections code that is in there would be another way of selecting
control points, but for a selection, and this selection feature will
only work on events, which is fine for 0.2.

So, there would be two ways of adding control points to the red line:

* Double click anywhere on the red line (spaces or events are fine)
and the control point is added and the timestamp added to the
instrument-wide GnlOperation.

* Make a selection as we do now on an event, and this will add two
control point to the red line. If you move the red volume handles on
the selection, the control point are moved and added. If you never
touch the red volume handles, no control points are added. This makes
sure that when you make a selection, control points are only added
when you move the volume handles.

To me this all sounds possible. Thoughts?

 Jono